Thursday, September 16, 2004

an apple a day keeps the "dentist" away

I've had this toothache for a few days now and been ignoring it because I hate a dentist visit. It's not really a sharp pain just some little aches that come and go, often times quite persistent and extremely annoying!

L asked C (director's wife) to arrange a dental appointment for us, but they are busy at the school that she schedule it for next week. L think I couldn't wait that long so he talked to one of his adult student if she knows a dentist or can refer us to one. As we already know korean will not jus tell you what to do, but will do something for you - as it turned out she fetch us from our apartment and bring us to her personal dentist.

As I expected it's an unpleasant ordeal. After the grinding and drilling, both bottom mollars had been filled temporarily and will comeback next week for a permanent filling. L on the otherhand had his teeth cleaned and find the whole process fine but slightly painful since they did it thoroughly.

L's insurance from the new school hasn't been issued yet, so the damage is little bit costly. Anyway, I feel relieved to get over this ordeal, and glad that my tooth has been restored will just have to wait for the final task. Right now I can still taste the morphin specially if I clenched my teeth, but atleast the pain is gone.

By the way I recently read an article about people who take in a lot of acidic foods (sodas, lemons, tomatoes, etc.) definitely have "softer" teeth and are demineralizing their enamel. If your diet is M&Ms and Pepsi during the day after orange juice in the morning, you're likely to be demineralizing. The solution: drink flouredated water, or use a flouride mouth wash, or ask for stronger flouride content toothpaste from your dentist.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ss_blog_claim=fbdb7e0ce39c9a9476f1dd5efdbcff32 ss_blog_claim=fbdb7e0ce39c9a9476f1dd5efdbcff32