Friday, August 27, 2004

mission accomplished!

We been to Korean Immigration today, I'm glad that we accomplished something. L didn't get a new visa, they just renewed his visa from the previous school. At first we thought he needs to leave the country for a re-issued visa, that means staying in Japan for a week or two. Thanks God we don't have to do that, although ofcourse travelling there would be another adventure and it's free... As for me, I did have my visa in the process, they kept my passport and will get it back after 2 weeks, together with my Temporary Residence ID.

The trip to immigration was easy compared to last time. It's just four of us, the director & wife and L & me, we ride in a van instead of small car, so we're not packed like sardines and no loud talks like last time. Hay! the whole trip was comfy and relaxing, the only thing is instead of listening to a nice music we are listening to a learn how to speak english tape.... exercise #, page #, chapter this....

At the immigration, we noticed a group of men in the corner, we thought they are Indonesian. must be working here or applying for a working visa. There is a korean guy who was leading them and carrying their passports. One thing we found out, (this is according to a korean) korean doesn't like blue collar job. Younger generations are aiming for a professional jobs, they rather be unemployed than to work in a factory. So the goverment has no choice but to open their jobs in the market, wherein for pinoys as well as indos this is big opportunity. The last I heard in the Philippines, POEA had a mass hiring for Korea.

We're almost finish and will be ready to leave when I noticed a woman on the table filling up a form. She looks like a pinay and her passport is green. Eventhough I know there's a lot of filipino here, it's not very often that I see one. I moved closer to where she is then I asked "pinay ka?" (are you a pinay?). Guessed what she did, she just look at me and said nothing! I was shocked! Is she deft or something? or just snobbish! I showered before we leave so I know I don't smell!

I know koreans are not very friendly but that's understandable, because of the languge barrier and the fact that they don't really care about foreigner are some reasons, but a pinay in a foreign land! I was offended and really hurt, I just told L that she must have been busy not to noticed me. I just forget about her, and go on with what we're doing.

Tsk! it's hurt to know that there are some pinoy like that, their mentality was eaten but what they achieved in life or maybe with the culture that they adopted.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ss_blog_claim=fbdb7e0ce39c9a9476f1dd5efdbcff32 ss_blog_claim=fbdb7e0ce39c9a9476f1dd5efdbcff32