Thursday, August 19, 2004

it's finger lickin' good!

Someone from the school told Lee that there's a nice shopping center at the nearby town. Today when he got home he says he wan't to see the place, so off we go!

Funny because we have to asked each bus that stopped if they are going to Nonsan, but since this is a small town not many had passed so it doesn't take long to get one. Lee can read korean but we don't take our time to read as the bus goes off fast. The travel to Nonsan took about half hour. The scenery on the way there is not very exciting, a statue here and there, some interesting old korean house hiding in the mountain... not much to see but farms and mountains. At last we're in downtown Nonsan! I got alived again! every vein in my body, every inch of my blood is boiling! I know it's OA but if your a city girl hiding in the boonies that's what you'll feel once your out in the city! It's very lively downtown compared to Buyeo and Yeosu. We take our time to see what shops they have, I saw one of my favorite brand hangten. Lee didn't find his brand of shirts which is Basic House and Underwood, so he feels that they don't have much selections.

Well I didn't mentioned that the person at the school says that there's a KFC at Nonsan, and while on the bus we already saw one. We did see Mcdonalds too, one thing common here in Korea is Mcdonalds and Lotteria. But where else would we go, KFC! I ordered my usual favorite - fried chicken! Lee ordered hot and spicy zingger. He didn't know it's that hot, because we can't read what it says in the counter but he has to finish it! As for me I enjoyed my meal, and savor every bit of if. It's really is "finger lickin' good!". I love the chicken, I love the fries, I love KFC, I hope they can offer me a commercial sometime! I can't help but think when I was in the Philippines at work and chow time, nobody want's to ask me where to eat because they know my answer :) they get tired of KFC but I never did! Just a few days ago I was chatting with Shinette and Aly (my officemates there) that I am planning to visit and we may want to get together. They suggested some places to eat and I said why not at KFC. They we're like " eto na naman kami, wala bang bago!" (here we go again, nothing's new?!) . The same thing when we we're in the US, Lee can't complain when I want to stop by at KFC. So now he is asking "are you satisfied?" "OH YES!".

We did enjoyed our trip even if it's a short time. I am kinda worried on our way back and waiting at the bus stop that we may missed the bus. Then on the bus I told Lee to be alert, and make sure we're ride the right one. We got home okay. Another day had passed, another day with Lee and and I'm blogging it!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ss_blog_claim=fbdb7e0ce39c9a9476f1dd5efdbcff32 ss_blog_claim=fbdb7e0ce39c9a9476f1dd5efdbcff32