Sunday, August 15, 2004

Angela

We go out and explore more today, although we know there's not much to find here in Buyeo, we take time to know the place. We stopped by at the bus station to know the schedule of the trip going to the nearest big city. There we met Angela, also checking the bus schedule. She is the first english speaking korean we met here in Buyeo aside from the school director and his wife. She speaks english well, we found out she's new in this place too, she transfered here because of her job. After a long talk at the bus station, she gave us her number and we bid goodbye. Lee and I stopped by at the supermarket, this is the biggest supermarket in this town and doesn't have much selection. We saw Angela again, what a small place! She offered to take us to dinner at the nearby chain.

This is one thing about korean, we know they are nice but very persistent. Sometimes Lee thought the reason why they are very friendly to us is because of the novelty of being with a foreigner and having a free english practice.

Anyway, we dine at Lotteria (famous korean fast food chain). As we talked, we find Angela so interesting. She works as a travel agent before which gave her a chance to travel alot, she's been from one country to another. But now she is working as a realtor where in she just started 2 weeks ago. Actually for 3 years she tried different kind of jobs to see where she fit in. She studied nursing for 8 mos, but give up when she started her internship. She work in a flower shop because she thought is it stylish/fashionable, but she gave up because it's a hard and physical job. Then she tried to teach english in a small hogwon, and gave up again because the pay is not good enough for her. And now she is trying her luck in realty. She said the reason she failed in everything is because "I do what I need to do, and not what I want to do" and now she is doing the other way around. She came from a big city and moved here in a small town which she finds boring too (makes 2 of us) and is staying in a motel by herself. She is pretty. She is single. She is 35 years old.

As we walked back home, I can't stop thinking about Angela. She's been to places and I know she's proud of that. In a way she maybe successfull but still in the process of finding herself. Maybe she like what she's doing and happy. But I can't help to think the life she has, wake up in the morning and go to work, earn good money, go home in an empty place with no one waiting, or much no one cares..... With all of these I feel so lucky because I have Lee. I resent to be in this place, I complain alot, and when Iam alone I feel so sad, I feel like I am in a box, I feel like Iam trapped, ....... but when Lee's by myside, when we're together I feel like nothing matter's anymore. We're happy together! Yes Iam happy, because Iam in love and being loved..... we can explore the whole world together, we can try new things, we can do everything and no worries because we're together.

I am not judging Angela, I know everybody is happy with what they do. I just express what I feel, what I have in my mind and this is my blog!



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://wwuueqeu.com/upgc/hwje.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://csxzvsok.com/hyty/nfgi.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://wwuueqeu.com/upgc/hwje.html | http://hogoekxq.com/mvqa/kqex.html

Post a Comment

<< Home

ss_blog_claim=fbdb7e0ce39c9a9476f1dd5efdbcff32 ss_blog_claim=fbdb7e0ce39c9a9476f1dd5efdbcff32