Sunday, August 22, 2004

forgetful?!!

If it wasn't for my mother who told me about my niece birthday last Friday, I would have never remember it at all! How can I forget her bday?!! When I left Philippines she was just 6 moths old, and now she's already 2 years old. I was so sad then because I was thinking that I will never see her grow up and once we see each other she's all grown. Now I forgot her bday! To think our bday is just 6 days apart. Yeah, it will be my natal day on the 26th, another number will be added to my age! Maybe that's one reason why I am beginning to be forgetful, getting old! Soon my age won't be on the calendar anymore :((

-------------- tidbits from tonight:

We dine at the director's (school director) house tonight. This is the second time we've been invited to their house. Actually their apartment house, since they are one of those who live in a big apartment building. It's a very nice house, I noticed the big cross stitch frame made by the wife some years ago. This reminded me that my craft (cross stitch) is waiting to be touched for weeks now. I am busy blogging thats why!!!

The director's wife prepared some traditional foods like, kimbap (sushi rolls, CA rolls in US), tokpoki, and sweet delicacies made with grinded rice (almost like puto or kutsinta but more fancy).

Here's a picture of a Kimbap. It is a korean version of japanese sushi. It is filled with rice ham, eggs, onion spring and pickles rolled in a dried seaweeds. This is a very popular snack here in Korea, very filling and it's cheap too only W1,000 per roll.


Originally uploaded by leeday.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://hvvtrswt.com/faee/icfj.html | http://crtlwonn.com/tjcr/klbj.html

Post a Comment

<< Home

ss_blog_claim=fbdb7e0ce39c9a9476f1dd5efdbcff32 ss_blog_claim=fbdb7e0ce39c9a9476f1dd5efdbcff32