Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Chocolates, good or bad?

For a few days now, I been craving for chocolates. But because I am avoiding fats and sugar I keep myself from doing so. It's hard because the more I ignore the thoughts, the more I contemplate about it. Hmmm, sweet, creamy rich Hershey's bar, Nestle Crunch, Kisses, M&M, Godiva truffles, Cudbery bar, ahhhh chocolates to die for!

Whenever we go to grocery store I try to avoid walking at the chocolate sections, but no matter how, I see it everywhere, display areas, registers, and other places where it's inviting. And everyone's grabbing them and gobbled on it. That's why I can't help but ask, "What's with chocolates that it's hard to resist?" "Why it's everyone's favorite?" The fact that when you eat those delicious little chocolates you tend to gain weights, causes acne, tooth decay and etc. Some says it's addictive, loaded with caffein and bad for the heart. Still many people craved for it, including me, it's chocolates or nothing!

From what I've read, in the last several years, the overall trend in the US has been to avoid chocolate candy and go for non-chocolate candy. Is chocolate really so bad? I guess so because it is loaded with calories, fats and sugar, but even if it's bad it's good, right! Come to think of it, chocolate is link with romance. Flowers accompanied with chocolates are the best gifts specially for lovers. It's sweet! I's cute! Flowers without chocolates is not sweet anymore!

I guess chocolate itself is not bad. It's just depend if your diet is healthy and well-balanced, eating a little chocolate occasionally is not a bad thing to do. Logically, if your primary food source is chocolate, it will be bad for you because you won't get enough of the various nutrients it needs to maintain a level of good health. I guess we can indulge ourselves and enjoy the heavenly taste of chocolates but we have to watch the amount we intake, it's not a good idea if we gorge ourselves in a handful of sweets over again.

What do you think, is chocolate good or bad?




ss_blog_claim=fbdb7e0ce39c9a9476f1dd5efdbcff32 ss_blog_claim=fbdb7e0ce39c9a9476f1dd5efdbcff32