Saturday, August 28, 2004

shop till you drop!

My birthday had already passed but today's my day! As L promised I did had a bday shopping today. We went to Daejeon and visited some of the shopping malls.

Daejeon has a number of malls, it's almost like Philippines. The place we been is just one part of the city but still it's big, shops after the other and people are bumping to each other. I was telling L that I feel like I am back to what I'm used to, the only difference are the signs. Places are accessible by bus, just make sure you know the bus number.

We went to Carrefour, I never heard of it before neither L, and when I searched the net I found out it is an international shopping store actually it's a french store. There's two Carrefour here in Daejeon, the one we been albeit small I was able to buy some nice clothes. The first time I saw a six level mall wherein only two floors are for shopping and the rest are parking areas. Hey, there's even a parking level just for women! I can't wait to see the big one :)

Next stop, Say Two mall, who knows where they got the name. You know here in korean some building had a weird name, one time I saw a building named (in caps ha!) LA PUTA <--- this word means the same in spanish and tagalog, wonder what's that mean in korean. Anway, I was looking for Say One, but I can't seem to find it, L says maybe there's none, hehehehhe! This is quite a mall! I was surprised to see named brand clothings, oh man I was ecstatic! You may say I'm OA, believed me, I jumped for joy when I saw colgate. In three months here that's the first time I saw one!

After a while we decided to walked at the nearest park, a birds sanctuary. Actually I thought it was the Zoo Land because I saw a sign pointing at the same direction. I was kinda disappointed not to see the pigeons on the grounds, they are already on their birds house since it past 6pm. on a couple of times we been here at Daejeon and passed through this park, I saw people feeding them, I was hoping to do the same too. Anway we walked around and watched different kind of birds in the aviary, a nice park so to speak. We took some pictures and relaxed.
Our shopping is not yet done, like L said "shop till you drop!" We looked at some botique around the area, a little shopping, a little walk and we decided to go back at Say Two. L told me to choose an earrings, and that would be my main present. Oh so sweet honey!

The last stopped was baskinrobbins the day won't be complete without an ice cream :)

We came back to Buyeo, a town quiet as can be. Tired but happy and satisfied.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ss_blog_claim=fbdb7e0ce39c9a9476f1dd5efdbcff32 ss_blog_claim=fbdb7e0ce39c9a9476f1dd5efdbcff32