Thursday, September 02, 2004

Reality TV Shows

L is complaining of his wrist, been hurtting for few days now. I try to give him a massage and rub ointments such as Efficasent oil and sanitary balm (which I been carrying since I left Pinas). We haven't figure out why his wrist hurt, guess what?? I woke up with a stiff neck. outch! it really hurts! I can now envision our weekends will be spend in bed. I won't complain though :)

Anyway since I don't feel good, the day was spent resting and watching tv. This time I came across with another reality tv show, Race to the Altar. I don't exactly know the theme of the show, but the way I understand it, the contestants are soon to be married couples and are competing for a fantasy wedding. There were 7 couples (not sure how many are they when it started) competing. It's very challenging because it proves the strength of their relationship. Games involved issues of teamwork, compatability, trust and even sex! The show is so entertaining, it even makes me cry when it's time for the power couples (2 winning couples) to eliminate one couple.

Reality tv shows are very popular now a days, Top model, The Apprentice, Newlyweds, Meet my folks, Amazing race, The simple life, Bachelor & Bachelorettes, to name a few. There are new reality tv shows just about every week, it seems. Everytime I turn on the tv I see a commercial for a new one. So why are reality tv show so popular? And why are they called "reality" when we all knows that some are nothing to reality? And how we know what we can believe and what cannot? Is it just a fad or is it a trend here to stay?

Many people think reality TV is a craze that will pass, but I think it will be around for a while. New shows keep popping up regularly. I don't think this is just a passing fad. Too many people enjoy these shows and enjoy getting caught up in the real/fake stories. Another reason why reality TV is bound to continue to be a success is the cost of making one compared to a sitcom. Much cheaper. Here's an article about the reality tv shows trend.

Generally I can say that these reality shows are entertaining. It's like when we are engrossed in a Sinenovelas which makes us cry, laugh and sometimes angry. I myself still watching one of the longest running shows "Days of our live's". Ofcourse it's not completely a truly reality shows but it's just as entertaining. We are all viewers who can't wait to see what will happens next. And as long as these shows entertained us, we'll just watched, relaxed and enjoy the show specially if you have stiffed neck!




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

Post a Comment

<< Home

ss_blog_claim=fbdb7e0ce39c9a9476f1dd5efdbcff32 ss_blog_claim=fbdb7e0ce39c9a9476f1dd5efdbcff32