Thursday, October 07, 2004

dentist appointment part 2

Apparently my last dental visits didn't work, (wherein the cavity had been filled) it still hurts like hell!!!! We went back the other day, and the dentist adviced me to start using straw on cold drinks for three weeks. If by that time I am still in pain, he'll do a root canal. fu#$*&%! sh*%$! 3 weeks of suffering! I can't even brush my teeth without feeling pain!

We decided to come back after 2 days, I can't wait anymore the pain is unbearable . The first part of the rooth canal procedure started today, there'll be four sessions for it to finish. Once everyhing is completed a new crown will be place on the tooth. This will cost some hundrend of thousands won, well, that can wait but not the pain I feel right now. Anyway, after 3 shots, drilling, grinding, filling, I'm done for the day. And yes, my right jaw feels heavy and numb!

Read:
dentist: what will be your lunch today? (in korean accent)
me: (having a hard time to talk, almost bitten my tongue cause of numbness) hm, maybe chicken salad.
dentist: do you know Seolleong-tang it's a beef soup, it's good have you tried it?
me: no (wondering...)
dentist: I'll treat you to lunch, we'll eat seolleong-tang. Is that fine? (looking at L)
L: oh sure that's fine (with wide smile)
me: ah.. er, I don't think I can eat right now (indicating my jaw)
dentist: oh yes you can it's just a soup (with wide smile too)

It took about 5 min drive to the seolleong-tang restaurant.

Funny but how many people in this world would encountered such, a dentist invited you to eat after the procedure, and he'll pay! the answer? it's because of L. Like I said before, for koreans meeting, being or talking to a foreigner is a novelty. Most of the people we meet here would like to treat or invite us to their houses. It's hard to tell if there's sincerity or it's just a gestures, but the fact that they are friendly is a nice thought for us :)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ss_blog_claim=fbdb7e0ce39c9a9476f1dd5efdbcff32 ss_blog_claim=fbdb7e0ce39c9a9476f1dd5efdbcff32