Sunday, October 17, 2004

"daughters are angels"



The temperature's slowly dropping and it gets cooler everyday. I started to dig on my heavier clothes, when I came across this stuff toy. This was given by mother in-law before I leave from US. Actually I got other stuff toys from her but this is my favorite that I decided to bring it with me. She got it from crackerberrel gift shop, one day after the three of us (dad) had breakfast at the restaurant.

We look around the store and I figure she got some stuff for her students. We're heading out the door when she handed me a paper bag, I was astonished! Having no idea what it was, when I saw it was I was taken aback, was speechless, got misty-eyed, and all I did was hug each of them. There are no words to described how I felt at that very moment.


I also got these precious stones from them. Mom gave me love and strength from dad. It aches when I leave and said goodbye, because I know for sure I am going to miss them; and I did!

One thing I am thankful in life are my parent in-laws. Around them I don't feel being an outsider, not even the sensation of being an intruder into a family system, nor the need to act in a conventional manner.

They accepted me as a person, and as a daughter. Ofcourse they are not my family of origin, that I'm clear on how much to tease and whether or not to mention how much something cost, but I love them so much!

Dad is awesome, smart, considerate, funny, and generous father-in-law. Mom is thoughtful, entertaining, easy to talk and always ready to help to someone in need. I always tell hubby that he and his brother W are lucky to have such parents, and I guess I'm one extra blessed person to be part of their family.

The only drawback to having such a great parents-in-law is, that it's hard to repay them for all the wonderful things they does for me :)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ss_blog_claim=fbdb7e0ce39c9a9476f1dd5efdbcff32 ss_blog_claim=fbdb7e0ce39c9a9476f1dd5efdbcff32