Monday, April 03, 2006

a little of everything...

It's been a while since my last post. The little one is doing well, she is getting more interesting now as L said. She's starting to communicate now. At barely 3 months she's responding well when you talk to her. Aside from smiling and laughing, she giggles and makes a lot of sounds. Whenever she's about to cry she talk, like she's saying something and making faces - I take it that means she's hungry. She loves her mobile, she talked with those little stuff animals hanging on it, boy she really makes a lot of sounds watching them! I haven't gotten a recorder to record her sounds. She's a happy baby indeed!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My parent-in-laws visited us for a few days. Actually they came back from a cruise and the ship docked in Tampa so they included a visit to St. Petersburg on their trip. Dad stayed for 1 night and 2 days ( he has another business trip to attend to - he's a globe trotter) to see Caroline. Mom stayed for 5 days and most of the time she kept little Caroline. I'm glad they had sometime to spent with her, it will be a while before they see her again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last Saturday we went to the beach, first time for Caroline. I bundled her and carry on a Bjorn baby sling. And like the running water in the faucet at home, the beach make her sleepy . So we walk along the shores while she's sleeping. It was nice though the sunsets at 6pm it's not dark, it's not too cold either. We enjoy walking for a few hours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I on the otherhand was diagnosed with Ganglion cyst. It is a tumor or swelling on top of a joint, the cause is unknown. Mine is on the left wrist, it hurt mostly when I woke up in the morning. It's not a life threatening cyst, does not need to have an emergency treatment. But if it hurt so much and I'd like the pain to stop there are few ways to remove it. I can use a heavy book to physically smash the cyst. Aspiration which includes placing a needle into the cyst, drawing the liquid material out, injecting a steroid compound (anti-inflammatory), and then splinting your wrist to keep it from moving. Last but now the least, surgical removal of the cyst is needed when the mass is painful, interferes with function or causes numbness or tingling of the hand or fingers. My choice? None. I just had a major surgery not too long ago and I don't want to be on someone else's table and be operated again. As long as it's not life threatening and wont make me invalid, and as much as I can, I will endure the pain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was taken last week before we leave for the park one cold afternoon. We went to Weedon Island Park.



2 Comments:

Blogger Geoff said...

You baby is so cute :-), on your other note I just (8weeks ago today) had my ganglion removed from my left wrist, I had been ignoring it for 20yrs. It would come and go. I had one on right wrist but it went away. But the left this year got worse and worse, and it was time to do something when could hardley bend my wrist and it pained all the time.
It is still hurting after 8 weeks , and I can’t load my wrist at all, but the movement is better.
You can see my story at www.geoffreysweeney.com/wrist-ganglion-removed

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post a Comment

<< Home

ss_blog_claim=fbdb7e0ce39c9a9476f1dd5efdbcff32 ss_blog_claim=fbdb7e0ce39c9a9476f1dd5efdbcff32