Saturday, September 13, 2008

Nights in Rodanthe

I read this novel way back in 2004, I fell in love with the story! I even convinced my husband (who's not into romance novel) to read it. This is an intense, passionate and memorable love story. At that time it entered my mind that someone should make a movie out of this novel. My wishes come true... coming this fall - Nights in Rodanthe - Richard Gere and Dianne Lane, a must see movie!

I'm trying hard to find the book and re-read it again. We had moved 5x since then, but I'm still hoping I could find it. I would like to read it again before I watch the movie.


Adrienne Willis, a woman with her life in chaos, retreats to the tiny coastal town of Rodanthe, in the Outer Banks of North Carolina, to tend to a friend's inn for the weekend. Here she hopes to find the tranquility she so desperately needs to rethink the conflicts surrounding her--a wayward husband who has asked to come home, and a teenaged daughter who resents her every decision. Almost as soon as Adrienne gets to Rodanthe, a major storm is forecast and Dr. Paul Flanner arrives. The only guest at the inn, Flanner is not on a weekend escape but rather is there to face his own crisis of conscience. Now, with the storm closing in, the two turn to each other for comfort and, in one magical weekend, set in motion a life-changing romance that will resonate throughout the rest of their lives

Labels: ,



3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

me too !
I love Gere!

won't be a dry seat in the house, I'm sure !

Blogger docemdy said...

I'm looking forward to this movie. I might have to wait for it on DVD though if it's not shown in my favorite cinema. Nicholas Sparks writes great books and thankfully they're turned into good movies too.

Blogger Unknown said...

I love this book and pretty much anything written by Nicholas Sparks!

Post a Comment

<< Home

ss_blog_claim=fbdb7e0ce39c9a9476f1dd5efdbcff32 ss_blog_claim=fbdb7e0ce39c9a9476f1dd5efdbcff32